We, the members of the Rutland Police Department, a service of the Town of Rutland, strive to;
- Protect life and property under the law
- Expedite the safe and orderly flow of traffic
- Render all possible assistance to other law enforcement agencies
- Preserve the peace
- Render aid as First Responders
- Protect the environment
- Ensure safe and public use of al properties and facilities under our care
As members of the Rutland Police Department, we will undertake all our duties with full respect for human dignity, while at all times adhering to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and accountability under the law.
All members will operate, at all times, within federal and state laws, and with full respect for the rights guaranteed under the Constitutions of the United States and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.