Board of Selectmen
October 26, 2009
Community Hall Annex
Present: Leroy C. Clark – Chairman, Cherilyn A. Bulger – Vice-Chairman, Joseph R. Becker – Clerk, Nancy M. Macaruso – Secretary. Sheila H. Dibb arrived 6:37 pm.
Mr. Clark opened the meeting at 6:38 and made a statement (attached) regarding the Police Chief non-reappointment. No comments or questions.
Regarding the sewer regulations, Mr. Becker had a different copy than what the Superintendent had.
- Remove 3.3
- Section 3.4 – remove 12-month requirement for hookup, set a requirement to pass Title V, within a 12-month period of public sewer passage, if Title V fails either hook up to public system or if new Title V system can be engineered, allow new Title V system
- Section 7.6.3 – change to “prior to construction”
- Section 5.24 – add a reference to trench law
- Section 7.3 – add back in and add “up to the connection to the public sewer”
Pump station discussion:
- Split rate structure – a) non-pump station and b) pump station
- Concerns about communicating this two-tier rate structure for new construction buyers
- Discussion of grandfathering users currently on a pump station or not and upon transfer of ownership then apply the new higher rate to new owner
- General agreement to establish a two-tier rate structure.
- Grandfathering current users on a pump station – table this item until Mr. Kellaher provides the annual cost of a pump station
Section 12.2 – Check if non-criminal disposition law needs to be passed in town first
Section 14.2 – Replace “Board of Selectmen” with “Department”– verify this change is appropriate given the definition of “Department”.
Attachment A – Remove and input a reference to rates on rate structure document
Attachment B – Mitigation – table until Mr. Kellaher reviews further
Section 7.6.1 – Calculations done by a licensed engineer
Board to follow up during the November 16th meeting.
Mr. Becker moved to enter into Executive Session for Reason #3 (Collective Bargaining) only to return to regular session for the purpose of adjournment. Ms. Bulger seconded. Becker aye, Bulger, aye, Dibb aye, Clark aye.
Mr. Becker moved to adjourn. Ms. Bulger seconded. Vote unanimous. Meeting adjourned at 9:55 pm.
Joseph R. Becker, Clerk
Board of Selectmen/nmm