Skip Navigation
Welcome to the website for the town of Rutland, Massachusetts
This table is used for column layout.

On Our Site
Search Our Site
Site  This Folder
Advanced Search

November 26, 2007
Board of Selectmen
November 26, 2007
Community Hall Annex
6:00 p.m.

Present:  Donald R. D’Auteuil, Leroy Clark, Joseph Becker, Sheila Dibb and Nancy Macaruso, Secretary.  Douglas C. Briggs, absent.

Mr. Christianson would like a policy drawn up on how to identify and rectify the inflow problems and include the policy in the sewer regulations. Hillary M. Lacirignola, PE from Weston & Sampson spoke on the inflow problems in Rutland.  She stated that house inspections and dye testing (for area drains) are the two least invasive ways to detect problems.  Roof leaders are more difficult and risky to confirm.  She explained that sump pumps would be the top priority with redirection of sump pumps costing up to $5,000. She further stated that area drains and clean outs in basements are also an easy fix.  Ms. Lacirignola also explained that in the early 90’s, smoke tests were done on the entire town and no roof leaders were found at that time.  Five years ago, 60% of Rutland’s homes on the sewer system were checked, so the remaining 40% could possibly be done at this time.  Ms. Lacirignola suggested several ways (mitigation fees, sewer banks, etc.) to eliminate the problems and will draw up a list of possible solutions for the Board to review.

Mr. Clark moved to adjourn.  Mr. Becker seconded.  Vote unanimous.
The meeting adjourned at 7:40 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Nancy M. Macaruso, Secretary
Board of Selectmen

Town of Rutland 250 Main Street, Rutland, MA 01543   Disclaimer   Nondiscrimination Statement
Virtual Towns & Schools Website